Indian Fire Rash

By

Indian fire rash is one of the most contagious of skin infections. It is mostly diagnosed among children and infants. Red sores on the face start appearing. The mouth and the nose are the most susceptible to the rashes and are caused due to harmful bacteria that penetrate into the skin and eventually the whole body. The bacteria enter the body through insect bites, scratches or wounds. It is also known as Impetigo. The rash might cause a lot of uneasiness and complications and takes almost a month to disappear. It usually gets serious and therefore it is important to see a doctor to have a proper treatment.

It is also essential that children suffering from Impetigo don’t make physical contact with others as the disease is highly contagious.

Sponsored link

Symptoms

  1. Sores that are red in color, can easily be ruptured and can also have abscess in them which later dries up forming a brownish crust.
  2. Pus filled blisters that are usually painless
  3. Itchiness in the affected area and the area around it
  4. Even though the blisters are not painful, the sores could still be painful and can also turn into ulcers if left unchecked and untreated.

Various kinds of Indian fire rash

Indian Fire rash is not just of one kind. However the various types of rashes will mostly have general symptoms that are similar to each other. The most common type is the nonbullous impetigo that begins with sores on the face. The reddish sores develop usually near the mouth and nose and burst rapidly. The sores might contain liquid that oozes out once it bursts and the area slowly dries forming a crust which is the sign of healing. The sores might be painful but are definitely itchy and do not leave scars. Sometimes a person might get a little feverish also and the lymph nodes get swollen too. Since this condition is highly contagious it is recommended not to keep touching and scratching the affected area as it can cause the infection to spread on to the other parts of the body.

Another type of the rash is also known by the name of Ecthyma that is capable of affecting the second layer of the skin. The feet and legs are most susceptible to blisters that are filled with pus and are also extremely painful, often causing ulceration. The sores can rupture easily and form a fat scab that is grayish yellow in color. In this type of rash the healing is often followed by scars. Lymph nodes also get swollen.

Children and infants are the most vulnerable to this skin problem. However the most commonly found is the Bullous Impetigo among children below 2 years of age. The blisters usually appear on the torso, arms and legs. There is redness and itchiness but very less sores. The blisters can vary in size depending upon the intensity of the rash. In Bullous Impetigo the blisters can take a longer time to heal.

Causes of Indian Fire rash

Indian fire rash is a bacterial infection and the two main kinds of bacteria involved are the Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus pyogenes and are harmless bacteria till they enter the body pathologically i.e. through a scratch, cut or wound. The bacteria release toxic chemicals that spread the rash which affects the strength of the skin as well. The more the chemicals the more is the spread of this harmful bacteria. People can also come in contact with these bacteria due to the contagious nature of the rash. Children for example spend a lot of time outdoors playing and doing other outdoor activities which makes them a prominent agent of spreading the bacteria if they are affected by it. Sharing personal things with the person also makes one prone to the infection.

Sponsored link

Sometimes even already existing skin conditions can cause the rash. Skin injuries are also another reason. The staph bacteria make a harmful chemical that aids the spread of Indian fire rash to adjacent skin. The toxin works by attacking a protein which perform the function of holding skin cells together. Damage of this protein subsequently helps in rapid spread of the bacteria.

Treatment and Home Remedies

Cases that aren’t severe can be treated at home. One only has to have healthy hygiene habits such as avoiding contact and keeping the affected area as clean as possible. Home remedies such as applying vinegar with water on the skin also helps in preventing the infection to spread. It also helps in removing the scabs and drying up of the pus filled sores or blisters.

It is advisable to keep the affected area as dry as possible and should also be treated with easily available topical antibiotics. Sticky dressings can also be used but the best treatment is to let it dry and breathe.

Doctors also prescribe antibiotics and ointments for more serious cases.

Indian Fire Rash – Pictures

Indian fire rash pictures

indian fire rash images

indian fire rash impetigo

indian fire rash photos

Indian fire rash pictures

Sponsored link

Filed in: Skin Problems

About the Author ()

Comments are closed.